Job Details -
Below you can find all the details of your currently selected job.
Characterisation Scientist – Biopharmaceuticals - Excellent Salary + Benefits
Job Reference: 10376-LH
Location: North Wales / North West / Cheshire
We are recruiting for an experienced Characterisation Scientist on behalf of one of the top biopharma organisations in the UK. This role reports into the Characterisation Manager.
The main purpose of this role is to provide analytical characterisation of novel Biologic products and bioprocesses, as part of the Analytical Development group (within Biologics Development) within my client’s global organisation.
- Support the development and implementation of state-of-the-art analytical methods and scientific approaches, incorporating protein characterisation by mass spectrometry and other techniques (e.g. HPLC, cIEF, CE, immunoassays, circular dichroism, FTIR, DSC) to elucidate the structure, modifications and degradation pathways of biologic products developed and in-licensed by my client
- Support the development and implementation of bioprocess analytical techniques (e.g. titre assays, targeted mass spectrometry, high throughput/automated physico-chemical methods) to characterise biologic products and bioprocesses developed and in-licensed by my client to effectively support bioprocess and formulation development/optimisation/ validation as part of a control strategy for product quality
- Effectively perform and co-ordinate analytical work (including protocol and report preparation, data review, trending and tracking) to required quality standards in support of pre-clinical and clinical development study requirements and product lifecycle development
- Support training and supervision of other lab staff, as required
- Develop, troubleshoot and perform qualification (where required) of methods for novel protein based Biologic products and the development of in-house technologies
- Selection and development of new techniques with the team to further develop in-house technology
- Ideal: PhD level (or equivalent) with relevant Biopharmaceutical R&D industry experience in analytical approaches for Biologic product and/or bioprocess characterisation
- Minimum: BSc (Hons) level with relevant further experience
- Biopharmaceutical R&D industry experience working in technical team(s) supporting Product characterisation and/or bioprocess analytical techniques
- Proven knowledge and technical capabilities across core areas of product characterisation and/or bioprocess analytics assay development, implementation, qualification and testing for novel biologic products
- Good understanding and support of analytical characterisation of products and/or bioprocesses
- High competence in instrumentation and techniques (e.g. high throughput/automated titre and physico-chemical methods), including data processing and interpretation
- Maintenance of analytical techniques and scientific literature awareness for the development and characterisation of novel Biologic products and bioprocesses, proactively problem solving and proposing novel approaches
- Ability to work independently according to established methods and SOPs to perform analytical testing as required
In return for this skill-set you will be rewarded with a generous annual salary, benefits package and recognised career progression within a growing and forward-thinking organisation.
Telephone: 0113 2617181
Job Search -
Senior / Regulatory Affairs Officer - Excellent Salary + Benefits
We have an excellent opportunity to join…
Read More »
Seed Treatment Field Trial Lead - Excellent Salary + Benefits
Kinetica has been selected to recruit a…
Read More »
Field Clinical & Key Accounts Manager – Medical Device - €70 – 90k pa + Multiple Benefits
Are you an Optomotrist or Opthalmic Nurse…
Read More »